Florida Child Custody and Relocation Lawyer

If you are the custodial parent and are thinking about moving with the children out of the area, you need to consider the effect your relocation will have on the non-custodial parent. If the move will make regular visitation impracticable, you will either need the non-custodial parent’s consent in writing or to file a Petition with the Court.

In Florida, when a parent files a petition with the court to relocate, the court will look at a number of factors. The primary concern is to assure that the move is not calculated to deprive the non-custodial parent with regular visitation rights and that the move is in the best interest of the children.

Modification of Custody

If the right to relocate with child custody is granted, there will most likely be a major modification of custody and support. While some plans change completely, others may stay the same with the exception of a modified visitation schedule. Whatever happens, the most important thing is that you find the plan that best fits the new circumstances of your family.

Contact Us

At the Miami Law Offices of S. G. Morrow & Associates, we will advocate on your behalf, whether you are the primary residential parent seeking to relocate or you are the non-custodial seeking to prevent such a move. In all our relocation cases, we look out for the best interests of our clients. Contact us today for more information about how moving with child custody will affect your current plan.